Tutorials for today's writer
ASK US ANYTHING!
Start: AUGUST 21, 2018
at 9:00 AM Eastern Time
End: AUGUST 21, 2018
at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
- Classroom opens 24 hrs before
- Classroom remains open for 20
days after end of workshop
I signed up for Jodi's workshop on transformational arcs because of specific comments from two acquiring editors. Jodi took the time to understand my situation, the editorial feedback, and my novella, including what I could (and should) realistically accomplish in that length piece. I didn't expect to receive such detailed one-on-one feedback.
Aug 20 ~ 11:59 PM
Jodi Henley is a developmental editor based in the Seattle area, Jodi specializes in character-driven fiction, and is well-known for her ability to turn theory into practical, usable bites. A big fan of the transformational character arc, emotional structure and backstory, Jodi spends her days utilizing the information in her workshops.
Jodi believes that there is no one size fits all approach to learning, and has dedicated her workshops to helping people learn in a way that works for them.
Description of Workshop:
You have questions and we have answers!
- Are you a new writer with a story, but not sure what happens when it's done?
- Are you an experienced writer with questions on marketing?
- Are you traditionally published and wondering about Indie Publishing?
- Are you just curious about what it takes to write and publish a book?
- Do you wonder what the difference is between a character and a story arc, and if you really need one?
- Do you want the pros and cons of starting with a question, opening in the middle of the action, or starting with exposition for “your” story?
- How can you fix an unsympathetic or just plain boring protagonist?
- Nobody seems to be connecting with your heroine, is there a way to make people understand her?
- Do you need to know what goes in book 1 of a multi-book series?
Bring all your questions to a nurturing atmosphere where there really "is" no stupid question. We were new at one point, too. We asked a million questions, still do, and totally understand.
Jodi Henley is a professional content editor who works with writers at all stages in their careers. She specializes in character-driven stories and people who’ve hit the limits of what they can do by themselves. She loves questions and works hard to create carefully thought out, personalized answers.
Dianna Love is a New York Times bestseller who was originally published in New York with the first book she wrote, but when the Indie market developed to the point of being sustainable she made the decision to go in that direction in spite of a current contract offer. She's never looked back.
Spend a day with two people who understand this business and enjoy talking to writers.
What is required to be prepared for this class?
Bring your enthusiasm and curiosity!
Will there be homework and feedback?
Please understand, because of time constraints, we are unable to offer one-on-one critique of your manuscript or work-in-progress. However, we are able to offer solid, workable advice, an opinion, resources that might help you, and answers to specific or general questions.
Are you ready to take your writing to the next level?
Great! Click the button to register before the class fills up